In this post i am going to describe basic functions of free program for qualitative data analysis (texts, to be exact) — Global QDA.
So, using Globa QDA you can:
- Create projects
- Upload texts to them (txt files, xlsx files, simple text paste into form)
- Create quotes
- Create codes (with hierarchical structure)
- Mark quotes with codes
- Add variables for texts
- Create setes of data — to work with data samples
- Get analytical data as charts and export raw / analytical data as txt, docx (complete reports), xlsx
- Get logs of project — each action is in logs
- Invite other users to projects to wotk together
- Get all the data of all the projects in Global QDA database including logs — so: PROJECTS DATABASE IS OPEN FOR ALL USERS.
In order to start work with Global QDA you have to register HERE.
You can download program HERE.
And also you need JAVA to run Global QDA => JAVA.
This is 1st version of program, so there some bugs… When I get feedback I try to find the time to solve these problems. But there are some still there… So, please send me feedback when you face with problems using Global Qda. My email is email@example.com
So, in the next article we will create new project and start real work.